Monday, December 22, 2014

Ace of Pentacles - Pennies From Heaven?


Pennies from heaven, is what the Ace of Pentacles signifies. Well not exactly for me, but close enough this week, and I am very grateful. I don't believe pennies come from heaven. I do believe in the Grace of God, and that angels walk among us.

Money can never make people happy, but it can certainly relieve a lot of stress, struggle, and difficulty. I can't really imagine having so much money, you no longer have to worry about it. But I'm certain there are those individuals who do worry about money, in spite of having more than enough of what they need. There is no point in worrying about money, but never being able to make ends meet, it can wear on you, particularly if you are living on a restricted budget or fixed income.

When I was young, I remember very well, my grandfather, who lived through the depression, and I can hear him saying," The rich get richer, and the poor, get poorer. " It has always proven to be true in my opinion. That said, there are varying definitions of wealth and poverty. In the West, some may have an abundance of wealth, but are spiritually poor, and it is often the opposite situation in the third world countries, where there is spiritual abundance, but dire poverty, that we in the North America can hardly begin to comprehend or imagine.

My prayer for Christmas holiday season is that those without enough food, shelter, warmth and family be provided for with love. I pray that those who are spiritually poor, be given a spiritual awakening causing them to be filled with a giving,  loving, open heart, and mind.







7 comments:

Ellen said...

We are tarot twins today! :)
I agree money is handy but it can't buy you happiness. Sometimes I try to fill a hole with stuff I've bought only to realize later on this never happens. I do believe it gratitude for what you do have is essential and to know when you have enough. That is when you will experience abundance

Unknown said...

Awww well that's lovely to hear Ellen. Never had a sister but always wished for one. I have lots of 'soul sisters' and you are one on my very favourites!

Yes I use to do the same especially when I was younger. I don't do it so much now though I get lack of money panic attacks now and again! ;) Especially when the wolves are at my door or I have car problems, which I have right now! Blah!

Definitely gratitude is huge and letting my worry and anxiety go. Nothing but monkeys on my back! Good for nuttin'! Love you Ellen <3

Ellen said...

Love you too Sis!

thesycamoretree said...

Sometimes I need to look in the mirror and say "I have enough." Then I wish the rest of the world might find that they too, each and every one, has enough as well.

Unknown said...

So true Bev! It's a good prayer and a good wish!

Neopagan Priestess said...

What a beautiful prayer, Cath! From your lips to the Goddess' ears :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Kerry. <3 If we all prayed this prayer every day through out the world, maybe we could have a kinder world.