Monday, December 29, 2014

Wheel of Fortune - Four Directions Prayer




As 2014 comes to a close, I think the Wheel of Fortune is in sync with the nearing arrival of the New Year, 2015. The Wheel of Fortune reminds me of the First Nations Medicine Wheel, and the Four Directions Prayer that I love, and wanted to share it.


FOUR DIRECTIONS PRAYER

Creator, It is I,

Thank you for today's sunrise,

for the breath and life within me,

and for all of your creations.

Creator, Hear my prayer, and

honour my prayer.                                              


As the day begins with the rising sun,

I ask, Spirit Keeper of The East,

Brother Eagle, Be with me.

Fly high as you carry my prayers

to the Creator.

May I have eyes as sharp as yours,

so I am able to see truth and hope

on the path that I have chosen.

Guide my step and give me

courage to walk the circle of

my life with honesty and dignity.


Spirit Keeper of the South, Wolf,

Be with me...

Help me to remember to love;

and feel compassion for all mankind.

Help me to walk my path with joy

and love for myself, for others

for the four legged, the winged ones,

the planets and all creations upon

Mother Earth.

Show me it is right for me

to make decisions with my head

even if at times, my heart becomes hurt.

Help me to grow and nurture myself worth in all ways.


Spirit Keeper, of the West, Brown Bear, be with me.

Bring healing to the people I love and to myself

Bring healing into balance the physical,

mental, and spiritual, so I am

able to know my place on this

earth, in life and in death

Heal my body, heal my mind

and bring light, joy and awareness to my spirit.


Spirit Keeper of the North, White

Buffalo, Be with me.

As each day passes, help me to

surrender, with grace, the things

of my youth.

Help me to listen to the quiet,

and find serenity and comfort in silences as they become longer.

Give me wisdom so I am able to

make wise choices in all things

which are put in front of me,

And when time for my change of worlds has come,

Let me go peacefully, without

regrets, for the things I neglected

to do as I walked along my path.


Mother Earth

Thank you for your beauty,

And for all you have given me.

Remind me never to take from you more than I need, and

remind me to always give back

more than I take.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a powerful prayer for me Ellen. Happy to share it! <3