Tuesday, December 16, 2014

King of Wands - Jumps The Fences In Stride, One Fence At A Time



I have had a run of drawing the court cards this past week. Today the King of Wands came up, one of my favourite cards, because it symbolizes the creative imagination. This card urges me to initiate new ideas, and share them with others, because I do have big a need for creative development. It also reminds me to check my ego at the door, focusing and concentrating on creating work for a higher purpose and vision.

This card is very timely for me right now, as I have been really reflecting on my creative and personal goals, considering the approach of the new year 2015. I am really looking forward to the coming year, and will be very happy to say adios to 2014, as it's been more than a challenge, but I tried hard to take each obstacle as they came, one day or even one moment at a time.

When I was in my early teens I had a friend Wendy, who had a horse. I so much longed for a horse, as far back as I can remember. I would vicariously live through my friends who had horses. Eventually I was finally able to fulfill my dream of being close to horses, at the age of 40, for almost two years. I learned so many lessons about life from living around, and working with horses, as it was one of the best experiences I've ever had, if not the best.

One lesson I learned at thirteen, from my horse friend, was what she related to me about jumping fences. She told me her riding coach said, " jumps were to be conquered one at a time ". She was to focus and concentrate on what was directly ahead of her on the course, living in the moment, not worrying about what fences had been knocked down, and what obstacles were ahead.

After she said this to me, it gave me pause, but I never really related it to life, like I do now.

So this year, I will figure out what fence is right in front of me, take it in stride and get over that one, before I continue on the the next one.


2 comments:

thesycamoretree said...

This is great advice for how not to get overwhelmed by the past or future, but to focus on what's under our noses. Great post Catherine!

Unknown said...

I think so too Bev. When I was learning to jump fences I got the real estate award because I covered so much ground. But I learned you have to learn to fall, and get right back on!