It's all about you, really!
I will say the Tarot is the journey of life, and it's not about the destination it's about the journey.
Doing readings for individuals for the past ten plus years, who have an open heart and mind, has become my passion.
I worked for over twenty years as a Youth Care Worker with kids at risk, and this was my vocation. I love people and working with them has been the field I've always been drawn to, whether it be young, old or in between.
Art and creativity have always been my life style, and the way I've approached life. I believe in the depth of my soul, people were born to do what they love, and so I'm a visual artist (egg tempera painter), and am a Tarot Reader. I'm not a fortune teller, nor a psychic, simply very intuitive, perceptive, an empathetic person, and a self-educated Tarot Reader.
Now that I am retired, and have reached the stage of my life were I am a Crone. I've time to spend my days doing what I love, creating paintings, writing, doing readings and meeting individuals from all over the world.
My blog is full of information just about these things I've mentioned.
My other blog I started in 2008, http://catherinemeyersartist.blogspot.com that I've linked to Apple River Tarot Readings, which is about living life creatively and finding creative purpose in life.
I invite you make the time to read some of my blog posts, and if you are wanting to get some insight into your own personal growth, increase your confidence, and sense of adventure I'd be thrilled to do a reading for you, and you just might find that there will be a transformation in your life! It's about the journey not the destination!
- Enjoy your journey!
|Acacia Tree of Life - Egg Tempera, Catherine Meyers|
My Mission and How The Mythic Tarot Works
My mission is to enable personal growth, with solutions of clarity and insight. We all struggle with problems in life that can affect us in positive and negative ways. Tarot can offer solutions that are embodied in the archetypal images of the ancient Mythic Tarot. Tarot tells narrative stories of mystery that inform our world and nourish the soul, something we all long for on our journey of life.
“ The way Tarot ' works ' in a predictive sense is as a kind of mirror of the psyche. The archetypal nature of the images strikes hidden, unconscious chords in the card reader, and reflects unknown knowledge or insight in relation to the client's situation-thus apparently revealing things which could not possibly, in any rational way, be discoverable. This is why ' clairvoyant ' or psychic ' powers are not a prerequisite for a sensitive reader, but rather, an awareness of the archetypal patterns or currents at work in life reflected by the images on the cards.
Tarot can reveal exactly where you are right now, how you got there and where to best focus your energy. We'll explore opportunities for clearing obstacles on your path by focusing on and activating your natural abilities and capacities. "
The Mythic Tarot is based on archetypes. Carl Jung defines an archetype as being, " An inherited pattern of thought or symbolic imagery defined from the past collective experience" (i.e. Artist, Visionary, Goddess, Healer, Lover, Mentor, Rebel and Warrior)
These archetypes reflect a narrative story and mystery that informs our world and nourishes the soul, something that all human beings long for, and gives meaning to our lives.
The Celtic Cross layout is what I use for my readings. It is, one the oldest, most popular and effective spreads, covering up to a six month period of time for the questioner. It can be used to answer specific questions or for general advice about the querent's current life path. This is what it looks like.
" An inherited pattern of thought or symbolic imagery defined from the past collective experience" (i.e. Artist, Visionary, Goddess, Healer, Lover, Mentor, Rebel and Warrior)
Code of Ethics
- I will treat all my clients with equal respect, regardless of their origin, race, religion, gender, age, or sexual preference.
- I will represent honestly my Tarot qualifications, including educational credentials and levels of certification.
- I will keep confidential the names of clients and all information shared or discussed during readings, unless otherwise requested by the client or required by a court of law.
- I will recommend clients consult a licensed professional for advice of a legal, financial, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide. If trained in one of these areas, I will clearly differentiate between the tarot reading and any professional advice additionally provided.
- I will respect my clients’ right to refuse or terminate their reading at any time, regardless of prior consent.
- I will serve the best interests of my clients, conducting my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm.
- I will not perform a reading for anyone under the age of 13 unless their parent is present at the time of the reading. Under no circumstances will I perform a distance reading (e.g. via email or instant message) for anyone under the age of 13.
- I will not perform a reading that is specifically about a third party with out the express consent of that person. Even with consent, I reserve the right to refuse such a reading.
- I do not use Tarot cards as a fortune telling device. Instead, I use them as a tool to help my clients understand their lives and gain insight into the situation in question.
- I will interpret the reading to be best of my ability, and admit freely when I am unable to do so. I will tell the truth of what I see, and will respect the wishes of a client who does not want to hear everything I have to say.
- I will answer questions about the reading to the best of my ability.
- I will never refer my clients to another professional Tarot reader or spiritual healer in anticipation of acquiring kickbacks or other compensation. If a client asks for a referral, I will do my best to help.
- I will always strive to better my skills so that I may serve my clients to the best of my ability.
- I will strive to remind my clients that they are ultimately the only ones responsible for what happens in their life, and that they should act according to their own conscience. The Tarot is not meant to dictate how one lives one’s life.
Rates * 59.99