Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Empress - Beauty and Bounty



Embracing the feminine is embodied in the Empress card. She is the epitome and symbol of motherhood, possesses the wisdom of nature, and she lives life with creative abundance, imagination and luxury. The Great Mother sets the standard for honouring and nurturing ourselves, imparting an understanding of living in our physical bodies and knowing that we are both creatures of the spirit, but also of the earth. She asks us to nourish life.

Embracing our light and dark instinctual nature is encountered in meeting the Empress. Our bodies are both valuable and precious which are worthy of being cared for as being part of nature, rooted and in natural life.

Without the Empress we cannot appreciate our physical selves, living in a purely intellectual world without being grounded in reality. She provides for us a connection to safety and a trust in life.

7 comments:

Las Magas said...

Hi Catherine! I like very much your post. It's a special and unique the way you describe the Empress. I enjoyed it! and so amazing image too!Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

Ellen said...

Hi Catherine. This is far out the most beautiful Empress card I have. As a matter of fact she and the High Priestess where the main reason I fell in love with this all together gorgeous deck. I love it to see myself as a whole being: emotional,intellectual, spiritual and physical. Because my intellectual development was overvalued when I was young I had to do some balancing on my own. I am grateful for and very content with my body now and I love it when the empress comes along to remind me of my sensuality and to nurture myself

Unknown said...

Las Magas! Thank you so much for your generous comments and for visiting! I would love very much to follow your Tarot blog but alas, unfortunately, I do not read or speak Spanish, as much as I love the language!

Do you have or could you put a translation button on your blog???I Muchas gracias!!!

Unknown said...

Ellen,

Ellen,

She really IS lovely, and I like you, also love the High Priestess! I have found something in my book that I am reading, " The Heroine's Journey " I will post tomorrow. It kind of knocked me over the head because I so identified with it. It very much relates to both the Empress and the High Priestess. Stay tuned!

Las Magas said...

Hi Catherine! :) You can use the Google Translator button which is down of the Archive of the Blog, I've checked it a few minutes ago and it's working well. De nada! Te esperamos!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I will subscribe!!!

Ellen said...

I always am :D