Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Chariot - Decisions



Interpreting this card on a intuitive level, The Chariot is about decision, trying to get from one place to another, moving forward safely, and surely. It is about weighing the pros and cons, harnessing the oppositional forces between knowing what I should do, what I want to do and about discernment.

 I am no different than any one in that, I fight with myself, can be my own worse enemy, self-sabotaging  my intentions and plans. The old adage of 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions' comes immediately to mind."

I have been re-reading and trying hard to not simply grasps the concepts, but the many truths in The Heroines Journey, Women's Quest For Wholeness, by Maureen Murdoch. I want to actualize these truths in my life, so as to lessen the fights I have with myself in order to become whole, mind, body and spirit.

Like The Fool this is the journey of life, and I am at a new chapter. I know this deep in my soul. If I do not  begin this journey it is to deny all that is youthful, creative, and that which is greater than myself.

The Fool - Egg Tempera on Porcelain Tile, 2015 - Catherine Meyers

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Your Fool is so beautiful and the colors are so vibrant.
A new chapter sounds exciting but scary at the same time...
Hugs

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Ellen for saying. I am finishing it up today. I am just writing about that exciting daunting bit. But I know the daunting bit isn't what I want or need to focus on, otherwise I'll be dead in the water!
I certainly am excited and am very happy to have finally started and almost done the first painting.

<3 :)