Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ace of Pentacles - New Beginnings



Poseidon, seen here in the Ace of Pentacles, is a real big guy, the son of Cronos and Rhea, brother to Hades and Zeus. He is the "husband of the earth", the god of fertility, of all the waters and of the earth's surface, possessing great power and strength. Poseidon is a mover and a shaker.

All the Aces are powerful, always representing new beginnings and innovative ideas.
Here we find a wellspring of raw energy toward creativity and inspiration. The Ace of Pentacles symbolizes the material plane, in the form of the physical body or monetary things.


Since paying off my mortgage in November I am finally beginning to feel less of a financial burden. Struggling on your own so long is a real challenge. As much as I can stress about this pressure, I really wouldn't have changed it, because it has made me the person I am, and I have come to greatly love, and appreciate the kindnesses of others toward me. I have learned a lot about myself, some positive, some negative, which is all part of the learning process in the cycle of life

The little pleasures have so much to offer us, and if we can't appreciate them, no sum of money, or things will ever bring happiness.
When we are little, we have a true sense of awe, wonder and joy, taking such pleasure in simple things, and time spent with those we love and who love us.
A day at the beach with my little cousins, picking berries, spending time in the garden with my grandfather, exploring the woods, playing with my dog, or feeling such excitement over the first snow fall, were all things I remember, and I think it is important to be in close touch with these things to keep them at the forefront of my mind, knowing it is the simple things and especially our relationships, is where we find real pleasure, happiness and wealth.

 Yesterday I was very sad to learn of the death of another beautiful friend, who was a very kind, down to earth, humble man, who was very much loved and respected. Lately there have been a number of people that have died in our close knit community, that will be greatly missed.

The weather today is very Wintery with a storm in progress, but it doesn't bother me one bit, because I am appreciating the simple things.
I put on a big pot of chili in my slow cooker for supper. I finally got my internet going after being able to get myself a new router yesterday, my car insurance paid, and am well prepared for a power outage or a flat tire because I was able to afford some kerosene for my lamp, and a handy-dandy emergency, portable air compressor, and good sized order of groceries. My good neighbour just arrived to plow me out.

Life is sweet, beautiful, good, and so very transitory. I intend to savour every minute, as it is, for however long it is. I am grateful for life, every day.






2 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow Catherine! What a beautiful inspiring post this is. I couldn't agree more.
Thank you!
Hugs

Unknown said...

Awww thank you very much for your kind comments Ellen. <3