Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Temperance - Spiritual Home


 Temperance, such a beautiful image and concept. But Temperance isn't just a concept or image, it is truly a way of living that is about balance, moderation, living life with clarity, discernment, having an open heart and mind. It is also living life fully with my mind, body,and spirit, all in unison. Being in this balanced state is where I feel I am at home in the spiritual sense. If one of these aspects is not being attended to, the other areas will suffer and I am not as happy as I could be.

My biggest down fall when it comes to living a temperate life is no longer struggling with addiction, but with exercise. I don't do enough regular exercise. Truth be know I hate exercise. I think the older I become the more I am becoming like Phyllis Diller. " Exercise to me is a brisk sit ".

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Catherine. You are not the only one! I don't like to exercise either. The only thing I do like is riding my bike when the weather if good. Somehow I don't count that as exercise but more as a moving meditation
Hugs

Unknown said...

Well It's comforting to know I am not alone. I know there are a lot of us out there. Actually the big hurdle for me is just getting going, and then to keep going...but hmm that's the same thing I think lol ;) <3