Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Two of Cups - Love



I've been doing a lot of thinking and day dreaming lately, which could be a dangerous thing! But, before I leave myself open to revealing my vulnerable feelings, I will simply tell you about the card I drew this morning. I don't think it's too hard to read between the lines.

That said, the Two of Cups is about connections, friendship, love, passion and romance. Eek! Of course this card does not always mean romance, it can signify friendships and connections as well.
Here, the Two of Cups portrays the meeting between the god Eros, and the mortal Psyche. It is a sad quandary Eros has gotten himself in, accidentally pricking his finger with the arrow he carries , which causes him to fall in love with the woman he has been ordered to kill!

The Two of Cups heralds the beginning of a relationship. Perhaps a relationship that has undergone difficulties or separation, and now there is about to be a reconciliation. This relationship is one where each individual is a complete and whole person, having maturity of growth, through life experience. Neither is looking for the other to complete them, nor to be responsible for each other. They are companions comfortable in their own skin, and with one another. They understand each other. This couple has realistic expectations of one another, have their feet firmly planted on the ground, and do not have their heads in the clouds.
This also may indicate the start of a business relationship.

Cups are connected to emotions, relationships, friendship and romance. As well, the suit of cups are associated with the element of water, and the water signs of the Zodiac: Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.

Many of us are fearful of love and friendship, because we know within our hearts, that when we love, we leave our selves open and vulnerable, to being hurt, perhaps having our hearts broken, and ultimately loosing the very person we love through separation, abandonment, and or through death. There are worse things than death, but nothing greater than love. It transcends and heals all things of the heart, and love casts out fear.

" I am afraid of the things that cannot hurt me, and I know it. I yearn for things that cannot help me, and I know it. What I fear is within me, and within me too is what I need. "
                                                                                   
                                                                              -  Chassidic Quote

No comments: