Saturday, July 25, 2015

Five of Swords - Give Me The " Incorrigible Nonconformist"



I'm back to the busyness of life, and have to make a concerted effort to squeeze out what time I have during the day to get my posts written, which will be a challenge, but I am determined to do so. The Five of Swords  reminds me how I can get quickly haired up, and get my underwear in a knot by someone who is trying to be the boss of me. Oh no, I can hear myself say, that's just not on! Go point your finger somewhere else Apollo. Get out of my face, and out of my space. This I why I am grateful to be an artist, because I can be my own boss.

Determination for me is a form of stubbornness. I am a stubborn sort by times, or so I have been told by some that love me. I accept that. I think most times it works in my favour, Although cutting my nose off to spite my face, is a character defect I have to guard against, as this can truly be the downside of stubbornness.

This stubborn nature I expect is an inherited and a dysfunctional conditioned family trait. Combine this with having an overall issue around authority figures, especially those whom John Bradshaw refers to as being undisciplined disciplinarians. Those sorts I don't accept well. I could say I might very well be one of those incorrigible nonconformists Einstein refers to in the quote below. I could blame it on being an artist. I prefer to say it simply, it's who I am, and I like it that way.



No comments: