Friday, March 21, 2014

The Minor Arcana and Creative Donkeys



I have been drawing a card a day in order to help me to learn about, and to get familiar with the cards. Today's drawn card was very appropriate for me, and I definitely got the message!

In the days to come, each day, I will be going through and posting each of the remaining 56 cards, which are called the Minor Arcana, these 56 cards, out of the 78, from the Mythic Tarot Deck  and workbook written by Liz Greene and Juliet Sharman-Burke, tell of the common events in our lives - the people, events and forces we encounter every day.

As you can see, working with 78 cards in a deck, there is a lot to remember! It's essential to study, and become familiar with the cards, however it's not about memorizing each card, and meaning. I am pretty hopeless when it comes to memorizing, and have always been this way, so I can't blame it on my age! You could memorize each card and meaning, but a good reader, this does not make, nor does it make for a good reading necessarily.

There is an intuitive relationship with the cards, that happens over time, with experience, encountering each  card, and with regular reading, as often as possible.  Giving a reading with too much information, is overwhelming for the seeker, and for the reader as well I believe, so I want try to keep it simple, succinct and hopefully we will learn together.

Today's drawn card was very appropriate for me, and I definitely got the message!

The Six of Wands is a card that symbolizes reaching a goal worked toward with great effort, and finally it has been achieved. It's vital not rest on your laurels, because there is still lots of work to do!

The suit of Wands represents growth, creative energy, action, ideas and expression of spirit. Creatively moving forward, results in fruitful rewards and benefits.

I won't get too personal here, suffice to say, I know there is an important message here for me to internalize and actualize. I will to pay attention, listen and apply the suggested message given!
I'm a creative donkey!

No comments: