Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Seven of Swords - Do I Take My Own Advice?



 The Seven of Swords can be seen by some as a dark card. I see it as being about applying the skills of diplomacy, tact, charm or even gile as a means to an end, to achieve the outcome we want or need. But what really interests me is in knowing how I apply these skills to myself?

 Sometimes we can be good a convincing others, or giving our expertise advice to someone else, but when it comes to ourselves, we're often not so motivated, even though we might very much want or need a desired outcome.

 Having a a big ongoing brouhaha with ourselves gets to be real tiresome, very frustrating, and we can easily just give up. Letting go, and turning it over can certainly help matters and for me prayer helps immeasurably, and even if I didn't, I'd have nothing to loose. Being a little stubborn helps too.

  If it's something you absolutely have to do, and there are existing outside mitigating circumstances that cause you to get your arse in gear, these can certainly get you moving, because if you don't, there will likely be a price to be paid. If the price paid is going to be worse than doing what you aren't motivated to do, in all likely hood we'll do it, because we don't want to loose face, be embarrassed, ashamed or simply disappointed in ourselves for nothing trying. Most times the price is too hard on the old ego.

We can't always find the ideal approach in order to get the job done, but whatever approach we take, and it does get the job done, you might find that you feel a whole lot better for this, and wonder why you didn't or couldn't seem to heed your own advice.

I've been busy over this past month getting some major, what I'd describe as big yucky jobs around the house done. As a matter of fact, I just finished one that had me contorted in just about every imaginable position. But as we say here in the Maritimes, I got 'er done! Wow, I'm sure glad that one's over. I'm getting better at taking my own advice!




No comments: