Pay Pal

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Emperor - A Blues Man of The Mind



Drawing this card today I immediately thought of how I learned of an man yesterday, who reflects the positive qualities of the Emperor card. I'm certain he would never consider himself an Emperor, but he embodies what I would expect to find in this mythic figure. His name is Dr. Cornell West. He is not an Emperor, but a very fine human being, who has the courage to fight for social justice. Here is a description of what he is, and some of his quotes that might give you an idea of what I am talking about.

He is a lover of music. " I am a jazz man in a world of ideas. "
" I am a blues man of the mind. "

He is a scholar. " Deep education requires a habitual vision of greatness. "

He is an activist. " Justice is what love looks like in public "

He is a servant. " You can't lead the people if you don't love the people. "  "You can't save the people if you don't serve the people. "



2 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Catherine!
Wishing you the best year ever, with lots of love and happiness!
Big Birthday Hug
Ellen
ug

Catherine Meyers said...

Awww thank you so much Ellen :) <3

Big Birthday Hug Back!