Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Emperor - A Blues Man of The Mind



Drawing this card today I immediately thought of how I learned of an man yesterday, who reflects the positive qualities of the Emperor card. I'm certain he would never consider himself an Emperor, but he embodies what I would expect to find in this mythic figure. His name is Dr. Cornell West. He is not an Emperor, but a very fine human being, who has the courage to fight for social justice. Here is a description of what he is, and some of his quotes that might give you an idea of what I am talking about.

He is a lover of music. " I am a jazz man in a world of ideas. "
" I am a blues man of the mind. "

He is a scholar. " Deep education requires a habitual vision of greatness. "

He is an activist. " Justice is what love looks like in public "

He is a servant. " You can't lead the people if you don't love the people. "  "You can't save the people if you don't serve the people. "



2 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Catherine!
Wishing you the best year ever, with lots of love and happiness!
Big Birthday Hug
Ellen
ug

Unknown said...

Awww thank you so much Ellen :) <3

Big Birthday Hug Back!