Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Ghetto Tarot - Alice Smeets - Atiz Rezistans

The Ghetto Tarot - Alice Smeets - Atiz Rezistans


'Cubby Buddy' is what I very affectionately call my sweet friend, because we were in art school together, and shared a studio space that was about an 12x12 foot cubby hole, while we were in second year. Today she sent me this, about a photographer, Alice Smeets who collaborated with a group of Haitian artists,  “Atiz Rezistans” to  produce a series of inspiring and empowering photographs called The Ghetto Tarot.


One of the many things I love about the Tarot is seeing how many artists are directly involved with creating their own cards, producing art work through various creative, innovative and imaginative expressions.

Granted it is a labour intensive endeavour, but so rewarding. I am in the beginning stages myself of creating paintings to the 78 Tarot cards based on the Mythic Tarot Deck, that I use for my own readings.

Tarot is about the The Fool (us) on the creative journey of life. To witness artists that create, who are bringing the Tarot to life is an inspiring, wondrous, and beautiful thing!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Very creative and original
Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed it Ellen!