Sunday, February 23, 2014

The World - Wholeness



A beautiful card the World is. The last card of the Major Arcana. It is a card of wholeness, unity and duality. Love, creative imagination, intellect and physical reality, are all represented by the symbols of  the four suits in the Minor Arcana: Cups, Wands, Swords and Pentacles. These elements are all surrounded and held in harmony within the great circle of the World Snake, an image of inexhaustible life.

Wholeness is an image portrayed here in the card, as an ideal goal, rather than something which we can completely attain and achieve. We can however experience and glimpse a sense of inner healing and transformation when we find resolutions to those conflicting and warring parts of ourselves, that finally brings  peace and serenity.

The World card has been likened to a great egg, that gives birth to the Fool.
The power of transcendence is within reach. We get our deserved rewards and triumph, attaining greater consciousness.

My World

© Caroline Falzon
the day is through, the sun is down,
only the moon seems to be up.
I go to bed, I lay to rest,
I open my eyes, as into the world I step.

I see green meadows, I feel the sun,
I feel content as I look around.
I keep on walking down the lane,
I hear the giggles of kids at play.

so many faces all come in glee,
the cheer, the laughter, everyone at peace.
singing and dancing, all around one man,
I take a step forward to join in the clan.

we all come together, no color no race,
we all want to shout out and to Him give praise,
our pastor, our savior, our only true love,
the reign of mankind, if only in Him we trust.

no rain, no pain, no evil, no shame
this is my world, it is yours too.
no tears, no fears, no aches, no blame
this is my world, I share it with you.

Source: My World, Inspirational Poem http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/my-world-2#ixzz2uAFclYMc

No comments: