Sunday, February 21, 2016

Eight of Swords - What is Your Value and Worth?




Orestes is once again being taunted and tormented by the Furies on one side and Apollo looks none to happy either. Orestes feels frozen, but he knows all too well what the consequences of his actions will be. He needs to make a decision, ask himself what he really wants, and needs to act once and for all.

Oh boy, some times there are certain cards, you will draw over and over in a short space of time. You could almost feel like your are being really bugged or stalked by a particular card that you keep drawing. Truth is, there is an important message needing to be heard. Much like in life, we will often keep making the same mistakes over and over, and we can't figure out why. It's because we haven't learned the lesson yet.

I really gave this card some thought today. Then it came to me, and I figured this one out. I know it directly relates to my own attitude and the part I play in shaping others attitudes toward me personally and professionally. Of course I acknowledge that there are some rotten tomatoes posing as well intended folks out there, but they also have to take responsibility for their own behaviours. I try hard to avoid those folks completely.

At the same time I also have to take responsibility for my own behaviour, happiness and success. If people don't like that, well I say tough tat-tats! I don't have to live life as a victim, nor allow myself to be taken advantage of personally or professionally.

This is often a hard and long lesson learned, especially for many women because we don't want to, God forbid, piss any one off, and we don't want to be seen as being not a 'nice' person. Too much of the time women are willing to settle for less, which is a big price just not worth paying for in the long run. We devalue ourselves and are left feeling less than, undeserving and unworthy. This is absolute BULL CRAP! We are more than, deserving and very worthy. It's been said, and I believe it to be true, that our value and worth is our sacred capital.

I always remember something Dr. Phil said many years ago when he first came on TV. " You teach people how to treat you. " This is not a blaming the victim kind of statement. I am not talking about the cycle of violence that is present in abusive situations. I am simply talking about talking responsibility for our own behaviour. It 's about taking charge of our own selves in order to elicit and enable real positive change. We don't have to take the path of least resistance. This is not the way to happiness.

We don't need to fear confrontation, we don't need to avoid, nor to be duplicitous or blind. What we need is to be honest with ourselves and with others, to take responsibility for our actions and get proactive.

No comments: