Thursday, August 11, 2016

Queen of Swords - The Eagle




I believe in Totem animals and mine has been the Fox. When I see a particular wild animal several times it usually has a  message for me. There is a lesson to be learned.

Fox - Coloured Pencil - 2007 Catherine Meyers
Yesterday when I looked out my bathroom window, I thought I saw what looked like an eagle sitting atop a dead tree very close to my house. The distinctive white head made me certain it was an eagle, and when I went downstairs and looked again, sure enough there it was. It stayed on top of that tree for a longest time, as if wanting me to get a good look. It's there again today, all afternoon in the same spot. Even the rain didn't deter the Eagle who sat steadfast and majestic, surveying everything.
I'd never seen such a sight before, in the 22 years I've lived here.


When the Eagle appears, it's to inspire and urges us to reach higher, and to become more than who and what we think we are capable of being. The message is to be have courage, to stretch our limits to explore our personal growth.

The Eagle perched high on that tree, encouraged me to see things from the Eagle's perspective, and to get out of my comfort zone, and to push through my limitations. Good fortune and victory are signified.

It's time to take full responsibility for my life, to be prepared, and to increase my spiritual awareness.

The Queen of Swords is a fine companion for the Eagle, as she too is regal and dignified. Her idealism is both lofty and noble.  Atlanta spurs us on to become more than what we are, like the Eagle. She strives for perfection, and can be of great influence because of her intelligence and perception, much like the Eagle who flies closest to the Creator.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

What a magical experience that must have been! I love you fox drawing and I suppose an eagle drawing will be in the making soon??? :)

Unknown said...

It really was Ellen I've had a few like this, but nothing quite compares to that day!

I have done a picture of the Eagle in the past really out of my imagination. But now I have a lot of photos to choose from and I certainly will consider doing a painting.