This is a card of generosity, harmony and faith. When I ask myself what it means to me, it is generousity of spirit, and of heart, with great compassion. Sounds simple enough, but often difficult, for a number of reasons.
I've long had the opinion that human beings can make a religion out of any thing, and it can have nothing to do with spirit, heart or compassion.
There have been many posts on social media in response and reaction to the massacre in Paris, many very positive and some negative. The most positive I saw today is at the heart of this spirit of compassion and relates directly to having a code of ethics, and I think these are very wise words to live by, regardless of your religion. It is my belief you can't have religion without a code of ethics that aspires to a greater good, and promotes true peace.
1. Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. It was not earned nor given. It is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth – whether it be people or plant.
7. Honor other people’s thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All persons make mistakes. And all mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not for us, it is a part of us. They are part of your worldly family.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life’s lessons. When they are grown, give them space to grow.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to you.
14. Be truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of ones will within this universe.
15. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self, all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
16. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self, all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
17. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be responsible for your own actions.
18. Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not touch the personal property of others, especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.
19. Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.
20. Respect others religious beliefs. Do not force your belief on others.
21. Share your good fortune with others. Participate in charity.
" A man's true wealth is the good he does in this world "