Thursday, April 20, 2017

Nine of Swords - The Stream of Goodness




We find in the Nine of Swords Orestes, who is trying hard not to listen or pay attention to the menacing and tormenting Furies, with the dark and gloomy clouds approaching in the horizon. He's trying to fight against the kind of free floating fear and anxiety we all experience from time to time, often a result of worrying about the past and projecting into the future. Both are useless to engage in, can only produce an unsatisfying and unhappy present and future, instead of the quiet satisfaction, peace, serenity and gratitude, that accompanies living a rational life.


 I spend much of time trying to fill my thoughts with what's been referred to as living in the 'stream of goodness.'
 Being an imperfect human being, with worry and anxiety like every one else, I do well to guard against all the things that come with self- pity, dishonesty and self-centeredness and eliminate them as soon as they enter my mind, so I can  find peace with my Creator, my neighbour and myself.

 I have to put the God of my understanding in charge of my thinking, in order to eliminate needless worry and the anxiety it causes me and go with the flow of the stream of goodness.


 I love this song by the very talented Canadian singer song writer Sarah Slean, I happened to hear the other day. Unfortunately the youtube version isn't available, but did find the lyrics which express my feelings about the 'stream of goodness'.

Holy Ground

God is looking in the mirror
into the fathomless depths of your eyes
whose tears are the only holy water
by which you will kneel and be baptized
there ain’t nobody sicker than the seeker
who hardens himself against love
perhaps that’s what I see in him
and I want to heal in him
because I see it in myself
song of sacred places raining down
everywhere you wander is holy ground
the streets, the streets are brimming
and the beggar is walking with the king
they’re groping in the dark for it
but never in the heart for it
where the only kingdom is
and the kingdom is…
song of sacred places raining down
everywhere you wander is holy ground

No comments: