Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Empress - Beltane - Spring Celebrations





This morning as I went to draw my daily Tarot card from my Mythic Tarot deck, when I thought to myself, I wish I'd draw The Empress because she's been on my mind after spending lots of time getting ready for gardening and watching all the signs of Spring that I've been so looking forward to. Well the Empress it was! The exact card I drew from my deck, and was very happily surprized! It was a great affirmation.

Lately The Empress, the Earth Mother, the matriarchal goddess, ruler of all nature, the protector of all young creatures has been coming up in conversation and thought. In Greek myth she is embodied by the goddess (Demeter) who governed the cycle of nature and the life of all growing things.

 On Sunday, tomorrow, April 30th will be the eve of Beltane, that typically begins the evening before the last night of April. It is the very ancient Celtic celebration of fertility and Spring. Many cultures have celebrations surrounding Spring and fertility however I have a special personal affinity to Beltane because of my Celtic roots that run deep.

Beltane is a celebration of new life, fire, passion, rebirth and the fertility of Spring. It is the holiday of union between Goddess and God, between male and female energies. It's time to welcome the abundance of the fertile earth.

Am Beannachadh Bealltain (The Beltane Blessing)


Bless, O threefold true and bountiful,
Myself, my spouse, my children.
Bless everything within my dwelling and in my possession,
Bless the kine and crops, the flocks and corn,
From Samhain Eve to Beltane Eve,
With goodly progress and gentle blessing,
From sea to sea, and every river mouth,
From wave to wave, and base of waterfall.

Be the Maiden, Mother, and Crone,
Taking possession of all to me belonging.
Be the Horned God, the Wild Spirit of the Forest,
Protecting me in truth and honor.
Satisfy my soul and shield my loved ones,
Blessing every thing and every one,
All my land and my surroundings.
Great gods who create and bring life to all,
I ask for your blessings on this day of fire.



Wild Flowers - Catherine Meyers



No comments: